This Birds-of-a-Feather session will present a summary of current activities related to the FITS data format and will provide a forum for the discussion of current issues. Topics of discussion will include
1) Brief update on changes within the FITS committees.
2) Status of the publication of the FITS Standard in the A&A Journal
3) Summary of new conventions that have been submitted to the Registry of FITS Conventions in the past year.
4) Discussion of advances in FITS image compression techniques. Also, discussion of preliminary results and ideas regarding compression of FITS tables (Seaman, White & Pence)
5) Discussion of the new draft of the WCS Paper V on Time
Coordinate Systems. (Rots)
6) Open forum on any other FITS-related topics.
Return to Birds of a Feather list